- Sakura Mochi is a type of wagashi (Japanese confectionery) made of sweet pink mochi (sweet rice or sometimes called glutinous rice). It’s usually filled with sweet red bean paste and wrapped in a salty pickled cherry leaf.
- 3 hours in Room temperature.
- 4 hours in refrigerated storage.※Thaw time does not have to be exact. It depends on the Mochi.※Sakura Mochi and Ohagi Red bean For better flavor, we recommend re-heating in the microwave for 20 secound before eating.
- 1 month in frozen storage.
- 5 days in refrigerated storage.
- Order is a minimum of $50 and a delivery fee of $7.>
- Free delivery for purchasing $100 or more !>
This is my first sakura mochi and I enjoyed it very much. As with traditional wagashi, it isn't very sweet. The salted cherry leaf added another dimension as its adds a bit of salt to enhance the flavour
It wasn’t as great as I thought...too soft and sticky (sticks to my finger too much and doesn’t keep its shape when eating) and the leaf doesn’t peel easily as it’s too sticky. I don’t want to eat it though. For the price, it’s not worth it. I’d rather order the regular Dango mochi which is the best so far (not as sweet).